Sunday, December 16, 2007

eventful or not

[Enter Post Title Here]


So after an eventful weekend i am back to my revolving chair. The reviews were, as usual, not as scary as anticipated. But it was an interesting day filled with events. I am generally famous for my paranoia whenever i have to travel early....i usually suffer from lack of sleep wake up before the alarm....reach the airport an hour before time...etc....so this time i trusted my body to respond to the situation...but as Madame fate had decided on a different course, i slept peacefully, dreamt of missing the plane, chided myself on my lack of self confidence in my ever efficient body....woke up though not with the sound of alarm but of the doorbell...my frenzied friend stood outside and screamed.....what are you doing....get ready in 10 minutes....those were the fastest ten minutes in my recent experience....i had not heard the alarm, switched off my friend’s call....the subconscious can be devious...but i made it...all the way to the airport i was dumbstruck...how could this happen?? How could this happen to me!!....all this while i thought i knew how my body worked....But that was not all.....after an uneventful flight to Mumbai, we were all piled into an auto speeding in the direction of the office when on the highway my bag decided to take a break....so out it went into the highway....into the midst of busy traffic...the por dear....it took me a while to realise what had happened and before i knew...my friend was stopping the heavy traffic as i watched my tickets, boarding pass fly in various direction....i could cry...here i was going for my first mid-term review and i was seeing all sorts of ill-omens on the way...to top it all i stained my clothes...i am jinxed!!

This was not a good day....i was tired and ill prepared...and not least in the mental frame to do the marketing of my efficiency...but i had earned the sympathy card by now...so the second chance was to be mine....i waited as my colleague went through 3 excruciating hours of i-really-don’t-know-what...i tried reading, practising, browsing but only sleeping helped....then at 1500hours it was my turn...to face the tirade of questions...i joked, i mumbled i stumbled through the presentation....i waited with my heart in my mouth for the moment when they’d tell me....we are sorry you are not fit for the organisation.....but all i got were compliments and constructive criticism...what a sham!! i mean all this worrying for this!!! I tell you life is full of such moments...for which you wait and wait and realise it was so easy...so well i decided to indulge in some heavy spending soon after....and that for me is cosmetic shopping...body shop lip balms and marks and spencers body wash....good girl!! You have done nothing again and is getting rewarded....now i know why i complain about the plainness of my life....there are no real moments....no culmination...no catastrophe...thank my stars i am boring

No comments: