Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Go Goa

Life has become better all of a sudden...i have been depressed for almost a week now...thoughts muddled....motivation hitting negative scale....emotions have a supersonic frequency...all things contradictory seemed to exist in the same space...result was chaos.....today, something seems lighter....it was the appraisal last evening....i laid my cards down....i learnt something about me....i am extremely candid and honest....i can hide it...but I start looking like a helium balloon...ok,ok the lighter mood is an indicator of the fact that today is the day I should write that much pending blog on my trip to goa...the plan had been brewing for a while...a trip had to be made...people were itching in their seats in the IT sector as well as the development sector..i have been whining for a while...needed that much awaited break...i guess it happens bi-monthly for me ...its not the place that generally makes the differences...its the idea of a trip...the concept...of course place comes after it...we planned it medium this time...take a few days off before the upcoming child marriage...in my terms...wayanad, coorg, dandeli...all the nearby places crossed our sharp radars...till goa popped up as a sudden brain wave to the aero-psycho-nautic's mind...too much of detour for a trip to kannur?....what the hell...goa it is...
Planning ranged back and forth on group mails...routes, mates, abusive substances, beach side shacks, nude beaches...trains, buses, flights...you name it...the scout had begun....secrets, comfort zones...all were thought through before the final decision was made....to much confusion... as to who booked what, who cooked what and who spend for all this....what is ever gona happen...at last one friday evening I left the city on a 6 hour trip to the next metro...b'lore...i shivered the whole night through...partially fearing the fever that was impending, partially just to keep warm....partially worried my bladder might burst...but except for the trailer lorry side tracked on the road, the trip was uneventful....i arrived early morning, before sunrise, with my personal body guard...on to the cool streets of Bengaluru...only to be stuck for an hour at the bus stop....cause our chaddy pal decided to drink the night before.....celebrating some random excuse.....and slept through our billion desperate phone calls and curses....everything was forgotten when at last we saw his sheepish smile...what are these idiotic chaddy pals for anyway....they ditch you and then rescue you...like we do with pet parrots...but like the parrot you still love them only cause they rescued you...so the night in shining armour took us to another knight in sleepy armour...who was such a good host that he started snoozing before I stepped into his lair....but it was roof above our heads alright....the onus was left to the three of us to find spots at his feet or floor....or go anywhere as long as the lion slept peacefully...before snoozing off he warned...no, forbade us from stepping into his kitchen.....which was a small space between the door and the rest of the room.....which seemed dire until later I was told that it was because a lizard in his lair had a sweet tooth and decided to feast in his sugar box....the day was spend without seeing more than a street in b'lore.....cooking, yelling, substance abuse, ravishing mutton...the aero-psycho-nautic lion also turned out be a good cook...talk about versatile friends
Trip to Goa on a bus from B'lore was less eventful....and the trip to our first destination – Morjim Beach...seemed long drawn...we could hardly push our lazy arses down to the beach restaurant...once we plonked there, no live soul could bring us back...so we ate, drank, ate, drank....and chatted as always of old days...childhood in school is all that we really have in common and a few months of renewed friendship...it takes time...for people to bring out their baggages...and as always we slowly opened the pandora's box....then it just kept coming.....as soon as the sun hit the west coast....we hit the beach after a self-imposed-doped-out-afternoon-siesta that every marquezian only dreams of...in our quaint thatched hut near the beach...exotic huh? After hours of faking swimming, drowning, relentlessly facing the waves that seemed intentionally directed to my nostrils...we once again hit the beach restaurant for an all night session of alcohol and jokes and crap and bitching....stories after stories we giggled like little girls (sorry guys)...tripped on each other's idiosyncrasies....that's all we do really!!! followed by a round table conference and debate....one by one people lapsed into a stage popularly known as “passing out”.....common parlance I say...i would rather seeing it as passing slowly into a wonderland of dreams unseen...of breaking orders and tribe rules.....
Next day after a heavy b'fast filled with anal discussions on anal passages...we headed to a place that can only be compared to paradise...palolim....living by the turquoise blue....sea green....expanse...in little coloured huts....precariously built....feeling the sand under our feets at every step....i learnt for once how to walk neck deep into water and let go my ego with every wave....the waves and I reached a compromise...i accepted my minisculity in comparison...let it hit me....push me....drown me....and let me fly...for a brief moment....feeling the gentle sea breeze in my wet hair....and the icy current on my feet....my eyes taking in every bit of green around me....well my buddy chums also saw their bit of green...among the bikini-clad, sparsely populated, receding tourists....lovers who used the thin cover of the green water to explore new dimensions of sexual intercourse....well sheepishly I had my eyes filled too with these rare spotting...the best part was that everyone followed their own whims as to what they wanted to do...so while one turned mermaid through the trip...some were sleeping beauties or sullen gypsies...i used my space to worry less about how I looked and pretend to be more like Halle Berry walking out of the sea in a bond flick...all differences came to a stand still at sun down when all four of us joined hands to hit the next beach shack for another round of sweetly brewed poisons....that gave me wings enough to venture neck deep into sea at midnight....
We encroached spaces and found our niches as time passed....till it reached a point when I decided that I could marry one...hehe who would have thought...now I have plan B ready way before I even organise path for plan A..............heading back....the road was more eventful...no don't get me wrong eventful only in terms of things new and tense....we decided we were travelling to kannur unreserved...adventure began the moment we stepped out of the safe womb of the sea....suddenly I was converted from my image of Halle Berry...to a conservative drunk women to be taken care of by young chivalrous men...and it was true....they were nice chivalrous men...and I was a weakling just set out to doze off...so chivalry felt most appropriate....though I can't figure out the rational of chivalry, I know it felt good....so I reached safe and sound, with a slight hunch back for my old lover's marriage...time went by so fast.....depression took over my thinking for next few days....now I can feel its glow.....life seems all about impressions left from long walks by the beach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeahs, impressions after a long walk on the beach and the request for a few photo-copies oh, business??. I still think tht was the funniest thing tht happened on the trip. U shuld'nt have ignored them totally on ur blog.

katturumbu said...

that was the meanest thing that happened...it was creepy and rudely pushed me out of my cosy corner....you think its funny because you didn't sense the panic i felt...